Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The weigh in....

Man, I have really been sucking at updating and this blog will be pretty short. I had a crappy eating weekend. On Friday I went on a date with my hubby and I had a margarita, a half of a philly cheesesteak and fries for dinner. Then on Saturday I went out with my FABULOUS friend Charlie who was in from out of town and I had two glasses of wine, a few nibbles of fried shrimp appetizers, 2 chicken wings in blue cheese dressing, a half of a turkey burger ( I literally cut it in half before I ate it and only ate half) and a serving of fried okra. Oh yeah, i went in... But I will tell you what I did right this weekend. Those two dinners were the only bad blemishes in my day. I made sure my breakfast, lunch, and snacks were on point. I ran 3.1 miles on Friday, 3.1 miles on Sunday, 2.4 miles on Monday, and 3.1 miles on Tuesday. Yes, I ran my frickin ass off. I was desperately trying to make up for the weekend as well as train for the 5K race me and my girl Danielle are running October 14th. Literally a week and a half away. I also made sure that I kept my diet on point the rest of the week. I ate well. So after my 3.1 mile run yesterday (which I did in just over 36 mins...not too shabby for a big girl) I was sweating PROFUSELY. I mean it was pouring even after I was running. MY FAT WAS BAWLING!!! I pushed it hard and it didn't like it. I knew I was going to lose something this week. Didnt know what it was going to be, but I knew it was going to be something. Even though I ate badly this weekend, I knew I made up for it. I fought for it. And... I LOST THREE LBS! I am now at 194 lbs with a total weight loss of 20.6 lbs. I am in the 20s. I AM IN THE 20s!!!! I worked my butt off and it truly made a difference! I am only ONE POUND away from my 10% goal. ONE POUND. that target seemed so far fetched when I first signed up for weight watchers and I am just really happy and proud of my dedication. It hasn't been easy. My shin splints hurt like all hell, Ive tasted every possible SmartOnes cuisine made, its been more expensive to buy fresh shrimp, and salmon, and tilapia, and chicken every single week, as well as those KIND bars that are SO FLIPPING GOOD but cost like $1.25 EACH. It sucks buying fresh fruit every few days because it goes bad so quickly and it stinks sometimes having to make sure I am preparing all of my dinners at home because popping in a stouffers lasagna just isn't the most healthful option but I've been doing it. And this part feels good. The results feel good. I still have SO MUCH MORE to go. I mean so much more. I tried on an outfit this weekend that was a size smaller than I wore before but it still just didn't look good on my bootydo (my affectionate name for my big flappy belly). 194 lbs is far from svelte and I know that but I am looking better. I am having people take notice and in order to get to 174, I have to be at 194. I'm halfway there. I am frickin halfway there and this halfway doesnt feel half as impossible as the first day I walked into weightwatchers. What this has done is given me even more hope and focus. So anyways, I'm proud of me. I'm excited about my progress and I will continue to keep forging forward. I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB. 3 lbs is pretty kick ass! And I must say, you've opened my eyes, when you said "in order to get to 174, I have to be at 194" Thats so true. This will help me when im upset because I've not lost enough. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so well, congratulations and keep up the good work. I am not too far behind you! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete