Saturday, July 21, 2012

I don't want my husband to know that...there is someone else...

Soooo, I am keeping a secret from my husband. I know I should feel bad about it, but I don't. In fact, I am relishing in my complete genius of it all. What is it?? Well...there is someone else. Yes... someone else... Who? What? Why? Well...

I hired a housekeeper.

Yes, I hired a housekeeper today. She was a Jamaican woman that I met from Care.com.  Looking at my house this past week, all the toys that is just EVERYWHERE, the kitchen floor baseboards that looked filthy, the laundry that is LITERALLY a queen sized bed wide, the carpet that has dog hair EVERYWHERE (and my vaccuum has malfunctioned), I just COULD NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE. I needed help. My husband wouldnt have wanted to agree. He loves to spend money on things he feels worth it and I guess he seems to think that I manage just fine. But thing is, I managed doing a half-assed job. Yeah, I can clean the kitchen good enough for the illusion of clean, but I see the baseboards, I see the filthy corners, I see the dog hairs stuck in the rug, I see it ALL. And it drives me insane. So while he is somewhat okay with half ass clean, I wanted a full scale DETAIL. I needed my house detailed from TOP to BOTTOM. And oh man...when I walked in the door, the whiff of bleach and lavender lysol welcomed me. It felt AWESOME. And it looked better than it has looked in such a long time.

So... I am going to continue to see her. At least once a month, of course while my hubby is at work. And I should feel bad about taking all the credit but.... a huge smile on my husbands face when he gets home, a foot massage, wine, and takeout for a hard days work is too awesome to give up :)

This has been a MOMment of Reflection-
Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. Bwhahaha...your secret is safe with me! You are like the character from The Help, all you need is for your housekeeper to start cooking meals and you're set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @danielle i was totally thinking the same thing! she's just like celia foote! haha.

    thanks for stopping by my blog jennifer :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! I would love to have a housekeeper myself!

    ReplyDelete