Thursday, July 12, 2012

Starting over

So I have decided to start over my blog and I will do my best to make sure that I am updating a little more than I have been recently. I am really new to this whole thing and I am little unsure of how this even works, but I suppose I need to see this blog as something more for me instead of something for social networking value. After all, I have facebook for that :)

We are more than halfway into 2012 and I am happy with the way things are going thus far. I've been blessed with an incredibly job here at Northside and I am grateful for the opportunity and doors I may have opened for me in the not so distant future. I am grateful for my incredible family. Jonathan is growing like a little weed and is just so adorable, kind, friendly, loving, and gregarious. He has a zest for life and an innocence I just want to do everything in my power to protect. My husband is beyond amazing and he truly loves me unconditionally which is so beautiful.  I have friendships this year that have truly blossomed like a tree.  I've known a recent friend Danielle for years, however this past year, we have truly made the effort to know each other more than just an acquaintance level and I am so grateful for that friendship. I am hoping to keep nourishing and investing in it because I can see that she and her beautiful family will be such a priceless value to our life. Just the friendship between our sons have enriched Jonathan so much and watching them play together puts such a smile on my face every single day. There are also some people that were friends from afar that I've had to put in the acquaintance category. The way they live their life and the values they impose on their child isn't something that I want in my family. They live in a world of materialism and while we all know having money is a great thing, it isn't the only thing. I know that even I can get mixed up in more, more, more which is why I appreciate my church, family, and friends that ground me back to the foundation.

My hopes for this blog is use it as a forum to help me grow as a person in all aspects. To help be that place I vent to when I know I am being unreasonable but just need to say it out loud, and also to grow me spiritually which is honestly something that I've been wanting for a very long time. I make some strong steps forward, but at the same time, feel as though I make some steps backward. By reflecting each day or a few times a week, I am hoping this will order my steps in His Word.

Until next time, this has been a MOMment of reflection
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the blog world, I didn't realize that you'd starting posting again. I'll have to changes following settings! XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard girlie. As long as you post more than me, you'll be fine, LOL.

    ReplyDelete