Friday, August 10, 2012

What the $%#& did I just do?

Yup, there it is. PROOF. Physical PROOF that I just registered for my first 5K. Yup, me. Yes, ME! The girl who only sprinted in high school and who coined the phrase that anything over a 400m is for a car. Well, I took the first step into psycho  a healthier lifestyle. I am going to run this race. I will be slinging through the mud, attacking a ropes course, diving over walls, doing push-ups while a drill sergeant yells at me,  and military crawling through a foot of mud. And the best part? I will be doing it with a friend!!! Danielle said YES! Well, okay, it took a little pleading, a desperate blog post calling her out, a passive aggressive email message, and negotiation on the race we will be doing (instead of The Beast Run 10K, we are doing Down and Dirty Mud Run 5K) but she said YES and did it because she didn't want me to go it alone. MAN! That is truly a FRIEND! So, I paid the registration this morning so that I didn't allow myself to over think the decision and convince myself I am too fat/slow/inexperienced/out of shape to compete. Now its up to me to really train hard and do this. I downloaded the C25K on my phone and I plan on starting training today. I really have no time to waste. 
Sooo anyways, yesterday was a great day on weight watchers! See below:
I was 9 points below my daily amount! And it was SUPER easy to do so. First of all, I made the MOST DELICIOUS DINNER!!! OMG!
Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes 
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 194.7 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 24.2 g • Carb: 7.2 g • Fiber: 1.5 g

  • 8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
  • 6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
  • 5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
  • 6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
  • 6 oz part skim mozzarella (I used Polly-O)
  • olive oil non-stick spray (I use my Misto)
  • 1 cup pomodoro sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste



And I paired it with the NO POINTS, low carb SPAGHETTI SQUASH
My husband LOVED this dish and he claims to hate squash. I didnt tell him it was squash until after he cleared his plate. I just told him it was a low carb noodle substitute (so not REALLLY a lie... right?). I didn't finish this dish until later at night so the toddler approved test wasn't conducted, but I have left overs and we will see tonight if Jonathan gives it a thumbs up or a spit out. He isn't a squash fan at all. 
Today is also my first day taking Fucoxanathin and Green Coffee Extract supplements. I am determined to get healthy from the inside out!

No comments:

Post a Comment