Monday, August 13, 2012

What the $%&# was I thinking?!?!?

Sooo today was my first day back in the gym after a very long hiatus.  On the 5k, I registered for the 11 min/mile heat. Ummmm what the flock was I thinking?!?!?  What the flock was I thinking even signing up for this 5k?!?! I decided to see where I currently am run/walking a mile and OMMGGGGG.  At 11 mins I was at 0.88 miles and I had to walk the rest. Like slow walking. I finished my one mile at 13 mins 40 seconds. My chest hurt.  I had that bloody taste down my throat like my lungs were melting from the burn and I was sweating something ugly. Wwwwwwhhhhhhyyyyyyyy!  But I'm determined to get my 11 minute mile. At church they spoke about everyone wanting easy without the hard. They want things but don't want to have to work for it. Getting my body to look like shit was real easy. I ate delicious goodness and avoided the gym. But I hate the way I feel about myself. I hate what my low self esteem is doing to my relationships and I want to have that confidence. And that road will be a hard difficult one. But I can do it. I know I can...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this sounds so much like me. It was so super easy and hella AWESOME tasting getting all this weight on me, but super hard getting it off. But I did it to myself! It took a toll on my marriage as well, but only good things to come!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete